Koshevoy Oleg Sergeevich, Doctor of engineering sciences, professor, sub-department of economics and finances, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Fudina Elena Vasil'evna, Candidate of economic sciences, associate professor, sub-department of organization and informatization of production, Penza State Agricultural Аcademy (30 Botanicheskaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The article reveals the negative trends affecting food security of the country, analyzes the measures taken for development of agriculture and regulation of markets of agricultural products, raw materials and food, as well as give suggestions aimed at improving effectiveness of measures to reduce the threat of loss of food security. The modern society is characterized by a sharp decline in life span, a decline in health of the active population. This is mainly due to the imbalance of nutrition, so the problem of stability and quality of food provision to all layers of the population should occupy one of the top places in the Russian economy. The purpose of the work is to identify problems and factors of food security of Russia in conditions of the Russian economy, associated with damage to economic security.
Materials and methods. The goals of the study was achieved through investigation of the existing problems of food security as a basis for economic security. The methodological basis of the study included a systematic and structured approach, which is characterized by a holistic consideration, establishment of an interaction of factors of food and economic security.
Results. The authors identified internal and external problems of food security, including the international integration deepening, the lack of domestic agricultural raw materials and a limited growth of effective demand.
Conclusions. This study allows to note that the problem of ensuring the economic security of the country on the basis of ensuring food security is a complex one. All levels of food security are interrelated and interdependent. Herewith, the basic condition for food security in Russia and its regions is an increase of efficiency of the national agro-industrial complex.
1. Vinnichek L. B., Paptsov A. G., Fudina E. V. Niva Povolzh'ya [Fields of Volga region]. 2012, no. 3, pp. 61–64.
2. Kukharev O. N., Gankin A. S. Molochnoe i myasnoe skotovodstvo [Milk and meat cattle-breeding]. 2000, no. 4, p. 7.
3. Silaeva L. P. Sostoyanie i perspektivy razvitiya APK: sb. st. Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf., posvyashch. 60-letiyu kafedry «Organizatsiya i informatizatsiya proizvodstva» [Condition and prospects of the agricultural sector: proceedings of the International scientific and practical conference devoted to 60th anniversary of the sub-department of “Production organization and informatization”]. Penza: RIO PGSKhA, 2014, pp. 40–45.
4. Klimova N. V. Fundamental'nye issledovaniya. Ekonomicheskie nauki [Fundamental research. Economic sciences]. 2012, no. 9, pp. 214–219.
5. Koshevoy O. S., Fudina E. V. Niva Povolzh'ya [Field of Volga region]. 2015, no. 1, pp. 113–117.
6. Stolyarova O. A. Niva Povolzh'ya [Fields of Volga region]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 104–111.
7. Fudina E. V. Nauchnye i tekhnologicheskie podkhody v razvitii agrarnoy nauki: materialy III Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. molodykh uchenykh [Scientific and technological approaches in development of agricultural science: proceedings of III International scientific and practical conference of young scientists]. Moscow: Vestnik Rossiyskoy akademii sel'skokhozyaystvennykh nauk, 2014, pp. 237–240.
8. Fudina E. V. Sovremennye problemy ekonomiki APK v issledovaniyakh molodykh uchenykh [Modern problems of the agricultural sector economy in researches of young scientists]. Moscow: VIAPI im. A. A. Nikonova, 2013, pp. 164–166.
9. Ushachev I. G., Serkov A. F. Sostoyanie i problemy obespecheniya prodovol'stvennoy bezopasnosti strany [Social and supply problems of country’s food security]. Available at: www.vniiesh.ru